TEACHING POSITIONS at FOUR RIVERS
- College preparatory and affiliated with Expeditionary Learning.
- Clear mission - to educate young people for lives of learning and service.
- 200 students in grades 7-12, entering its ninth year of operations.
- Old enough to know what we're doing and young enough not to be set in our ways.
- Teachers work closely with their colleagues, developing curriculum and helping shape the culture of the school in accordance with the school's mission and Expeditionary Learning methods of challenging, project-based learning.
- Genuine interest in and connection with adolescents.
- Personal qualities that exemplify the school's emphasis on character development and community
- Appreciation for the Expeditionary Learning (EL) design model -- commitment to develop curriculum and implement EL core practices, including in-depth learning expeditions.
- Experience, training and interest in teaching a range of abilities in heterogeneously classes – background in differentiated instruction would be a significant asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, commitment to teamwork, and readiness to reflect and grow.
- Energy, flexibility, and sense of adventure required to work hard in a young school..
- Strong subject area background. Highly qualified or ready to get qualified. Experience preferred.
- Enthusiasm for the school's mission and its themes of nature, technology and community and understanding of the school's responsibilities as a charter public school.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter, resume, statement of qualifications, copies of transcripts and references promptly to , Leslie Taylor, Registrar, 248 Colrain Road, Greenfield, Massachusetts 01301, phone: 413-775-4577, fax: 413-775-4578.
- The statement of qualifications should express how the applicant believes he or she meets the qualifications included above for the position.
- Application deadline: We will consider candidates on a rolling basis; when we find the right person we make an offer, so don't delay.
For more information, visit us at www.FourRiversCharter.org. Also check out Expeditionary Learning, and The Massachusetts Charter Public School Association.
DIV 3 LEARNING SPECIALIST LONG-TERM SUB
Four Rivers Charter Public School is seeking an outstanding Learning Specialist for grades 11 and 12 to fill in for a teacher on maternity leave from January 2015 through June 2015.
SEE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Openings for Fall 2014. Support teaching teams in both middle and high school; BA required, MA preferred; relevant experience required; Submit letter of interest, resume and references. $70.00/day. Please apply by August 16th.