(LONG TERM SUB: April-June)
Four Rivers Charter Public School is seeking candidates for a SPANISH Teacher LONG TERM SUB, teaching sections of 7th, 9th, and 10th grade Spanish.
READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
COACHES FOR ULTIMATE FRISBEE
Four Rivers is looking to hire 2 Ultimate Frisbee coaches for the spring season. Knowledge of the sport of ultimate and experience working with youth preferred. Send a cover letter and resume to Athletic Director, Terry Plotkin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCHOOL NURSE SUBSTITUTES
needed on a daily, on-call basis to fill in during
staff absences – 4 hr shifts (weekdays 10-2).
READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Support teaching teams in both middle and high school; BA required, MA preferred; relevant experience required; Submit letter of interest, resume and references. $70.00/day.
- College preparatory and affiliated with Expeditionary Learning.
- Clear mission - to educate young people for lives of learning and service.
- 200 students in grades 7-12.
- Old enough to know what we're doing and young enough not to be set in our ways.
- Teachers work closely with their colleagues, developing curriculum and helping shape the culture of the school in accordance with the school's mission and Expeditionary Learning methods of challenging, project-based learning.
GENERAL TEACHING QUALIFICATIONS
- Genuine interest in and connection with adolescents.
- Personal qualities that exemplify the school's emphasis on character development and community
- Appreciation for the Expeditionary Learning (EL) design model -- commitment to develop curriculum and implement EL core practices, including in-depth learning expeditions.
- Experience, training and interest in teaching a range of abilities in heterogeneously classes – background in differentiated instruction would be a significant asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, commitment to teamwork, and readiness to reflect and grow.
- Energy, flexibility, and sense of adventure required to work hard in a young school..
- Strong subject area background. Highly qualified or ready to get qualified. Experience preferred.
- Enthusiasm for the school's mission and its themes of nature, technology and community and understanding of the school's responsibilities as a charter public school.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter, resume, statement of qualifications, copies of transcripts and references promptly to , Leslie Taylor, Registrar, 248 Colrain Road, Greenfield, Massachusetts 01301, phone: 413-775-4577, fax: 413-775-4578.
Four Rivers Charter Public School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, ancestry, athletic performance, special need, proficiency in the English language or a foreign language, or prior academic achievement.
- The statement of qualifications should express how the applicant believes he or she meets the qualifications included above for the position.
- Application deadline: We will consider candidates on a rolling basis; when we find the right person we make an offer, so don't delay.
For more information, visit us at www.FourRiversCharter.org. Also check out Expeditionary Learning, and The Massachusetts Charter Public School Association.